top of page
mmsoares AT wisc.edu
Upcoming & Recent Presentations
- Tue, Jan 28American Museum of Natural History
- Fri, Dec 135241 Broad Branch Rd NW
- Thu, Dec 12NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Mon, Nov 25Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophys
- Sat, Nov 23Princeton University
- Mon, Nov 04University of California Santa CruzNov 04, 2019, 12:00 PM PSTUniversity of California Santa Cruz, 1156 High St, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USAWhy are engulfment signatures important to planet formation theory? I discuss the value of employing a forensic spectral analysis to cannibal stars in an effort to constrain planet formation models.
- Tue, Oct 29University of MichiganOct 29, 2019, 3:00 PM PDTUniversity of Michigan, 500 S State St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USAI will share my latest results on the chemical signatures produced by planetary engulfment. Are such signatures statistically significant? Do they survive for appreciable timescales? Yes and yes, but only in a subset of planet-star systems. I'll tell you which ones!
- Thu, Oct 24University of Wisconsin-Madison
bottom of page